Jalapeño Popper Wontons
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 jalapeños, minced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 oz) refrigerated square wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- coarse salt
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the jalapeños and cheddar cheese. Working with a few wonton wrappers at a time, add about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese filling to the center. Dip your finger in water and wet the edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over, forming a triangle, sealing the mixture in the center. Press lightly with your fingers to seal the edges and press out any air bubbles.
Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat to 350F. Fry the wontons in batches until golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with coarse salt while still hot.