Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
- 1cup1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1cup1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup1/2 cup molasses
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4teaspoons2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4teaspoons1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4teaspoons1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2large2 large eggs
- 3 1/2cups3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks
- 1cup1 cup granulated sugar-for coating cookie dough balls
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Preheat oven to Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment papers or with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in the molasses, canola oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour. Next, stir in the white chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on lined baking sheets, about two inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, the cookies will still be soft. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.