Polka-Dot Pumpkin Cupcakes
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Nestle Toll House Semisweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
FOR THE TOPPING:
Beat cream cheese, egg and granulated sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Stir in morsels.
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
Combine cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Spoon about 1 tablespoon topping over batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.