Buffalo Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker: 1/10th of recipe (1 heaping cup): 207 calories, 3.5g fat, 772mg sodium, 20g carbs, 6g fiber, 4g sugars, 23g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
- 1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Two 15.5-oz. cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup plus 2 1/2 tsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in a crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients except hot sauce and blue cheese. Gently stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove chicken and place in a large bowl. Shred with two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across and shred it. Add 1/3 cup hot sauce to chicken, and toss to coat. Stir saucy chicken into the chili in the crock pot.
Top each serving with 1/4 tsp. hot sauce and 1 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles. Enjoy!
MAKES 10 SERVINGS