Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 oz (13/4 cups) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp each, baking powder and baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup very hot water
- 8 oz soft butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
1. Stir all dry ingredients together and mix in a small mixer until aerated.
2. Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk together and stir into dry ingredients for five minutes on low speed
3. Scrape down bowl and slowly stream in hot water until combined.
4. Finish mixing by hand and pour batter into cupcake molds.
5. Bake at 350 until springly and set, about 18-20 minutes.
6. Cool completely before icing.
*** Note: This is a very liquid batter!!!
1. In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients on medium-high speed, until creamy and smooth.
2. Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes, then top with crushed peanuts.