Gold Medal Zucchini Corn Casserole
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 to 7 ears), or frozen and thawed
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 ounces Italian Fontina or Monterey Jack cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, but not browned. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in corn, salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes until hot, then stir in flour and cook 2 minutes more. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and cook 5 minutes until thickened and creamy. Let cool.
Meanwhile prepare topping: melt butter in a large skillet. Add garlic and stir over low heat 1 minute without browning. Add bread crumbs and oregano and cook, stirring often, until crumbs are toasted. Let cool.
Stir cheese into corn mixture and spoon into a shallow 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake casserole 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Grapefruit Sabayon Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad with Pancetta Crisps,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Potato Brick Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Candied Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Style Scalloped Corn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Cakes with Mushroom Ragout 0/5 (0 Votes)