Rio Star Grapefruit Pie: Citrus pie full of flavor and color
- 4 medium to large Rio Star grapefruit
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cup strained grapefruit juice (2-3 grapefruit)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 (3-oz.) package wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked & cooled
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Preparation time 45mins
Adapted from tabletop.texasfarmbureau.org
Peel and section grapefruit.
Place sections in a strainer over a bowl. Leave overnight in the refrigerator to drain well.
Cook sugar and next three ingredients over medium-high heat until it forms a thick, clear syrup.
Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
Spoon a small amount of the gelatin mixture to cover the bottom of the baked pie crust (about 1/4-inch thick). Reserve the rest of the mixture.
Chill the pie for about an hour until the gelatin congeals.
When the gelatin congeals, place the drained grapefruit sections in the pie shell.
Pour the reserved gelatin mixture over the grapefruit sections.
Chill the pie again until the gelatin sets.
Top with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Baked Turkey Meatballs 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Slim Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Maine lobsters grilled with herbs... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Chocolate Fudge 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken, Red Grape, and Pesto Pizza 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Grapefruit and White Beets with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)