- 1 lb slice Bacon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ash cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, and then place an oven-safe wire rack on top of the pan. Spray the rack liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, the cinnamon and the cayenne pepper (if using). Toss them together until the spices are well distributed.
3. Take a strip of bacon and press it into the sugar mixture, then turn it over and coat the other side with sugar. Place it on the wire rack, and then repeat until all of the slices of bacon are covered with sugar on both sides.
4. If you have any remaining sugar, sprinkle it over the top of the bacon.
5. Bake the bacon in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. When it is done, it will be firm, crispy and dark along the edges.
6. Soon after you take it out of the oven, use a spatula to lift the bacon off the rack—sometimes the sugar and fat cause the bacon to stick, and if it is not removed when it is still warm, it is difficult to get off the rack.