Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 c. milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. poppy seeds
- 1 T. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, beat milk, eggs and vanilla.
3. Beat butter and half wet mixture to dry ingredients.
4. Beat in remaining dry mixture
5. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon rind.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 60 minutes.
1. Pierce cooked loaf all over, while still hot and still in pan.
2. Heat sugar and lemon juice together til sugsr is dissolved.
3. Pour glaze over hot loaf.
4. Remove loaf from pan when glaze is absorbed.