Holiday Pine Cone Cheese Ball
Looking for an appetizer to impress your guests for the holidays? This Holiday Pine Cone Cheese Ball tastes as great as it looks, adorned with whole almonds, this appetizer cheese ball actually resembles a pinecone and taste just like the creamy cheese you crave. Serve this festive dish at your next holiday party with assorted cracker, tortilla chips, or toasted bread points.
- 1(8-ounce) package1 (8-ounce) package soft cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1/2cup1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon Port wine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- crackers, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving, optional
- 1 1/4cups1 1/4 cups whole almonds
- 2sprigs2 sprigs rosemary
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from cookwiz.me
Lightly toast the almonds and allow to cool down while you make the cheese filling.
In a food processor, blend together cream cheese, port wine, cranberries, chopped pecans, salt to taste, and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Shape the cheese mixture into 2 oval-shaped balls lightly flatten. Arrange them on a surface covered with parchment.
Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese at a slight angle, until fully covered.
Top with a rosemary sprig, serve with crackers and drizzle with maple syrup if you like. Enjoy!