Zucchini Cakes with Mushroom Ragout
- 1/2 of a medium zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 8-1/2 oz. pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 12 oz. assorted mushrooms, quartered (4-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup drained bottled roasted red sweet peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In mixing bowl combine zucchini, muffin mix, cheese, milk, egg, and cayenne pepper; spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Place roasted peppers in blender. Cover; blend until nearly smooth.
4. Arrange 3 cakes on each plate with some of the mushrooms and pepper sauce. Makes 4 servings.