Pork Roast w/Sweet Potatoes, Pears & Rosemary
- 3.5 lb. bone-in, center cut loin roast, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for serving (or 1 tsp. dried rosemary_)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2.5 lbs (6 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled, cut lengthwise into 6ths.
- 3 firm/ripe Bosc pears, cut lengthwise into quarters, cored
- 12 oz. bottle of hard cider.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rub pork with oil. Mix rosemary, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a bowl. rub mixture over pork.
Place pork, bone side down, in large roasting pan. Roast 15 min. Reduce over to 350 degrees. Roast 15 minutes. Ad sweet potatoes and pears to pan, stir gently to coat with pan juices, spread evenly around roast. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, occasionally stirring sweet potatoes and pears until thermometer inserted in center of roast reads 145 degrees and potatoes and pears are tender, about an hour. Transfer port to carving board. Place sweet potatoes/pears in oven-proof bowl, tent with aluminum foil, and keep warm in turned off oven. Let pork stand 10-15 minutes.
Heat roasting pan over high heat. Add cider, bring to boil, scrape up browned bits in pan with wooden spoon; boil until reduced to 3/4 c, about 5 minutes, pout into gravy boat.
Carve port. Transfer to serving platter, surround w/sweet potato mixture, drizzle with 3 tbsp. cider sauce, sprinkle with rosemary. serve with remaining sauce on side.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Poppers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pudding Crunch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Broccoli Rice with Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork with Clams(Carne de... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Chicken - Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kara's Greek Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion-Roasted Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)