Lemon Cream Cheese Dessert
Always use hand whisk when mixing pudding
- Crust: (can do either crust)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 package (16 Oz. Package) Pecan Sandies Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 16 ounce container whipped topping, divided
- 2 - 3.4 ounce packages lemon instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk (use whole or no less than 2%)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut butter into flour using a pastry cutter. You can also use a sturdy fork. Pieces should be about pea size. Larger is OK, you just don't want any whole pieces of plain butter left.
Press into 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 25 (10 for pecan sandies) minutes or until just lightly brown. Cool.
Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat until fluffy. Add confectioner's sugar and beat again.
Add 1 cup whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and beat just until combined. Spread over cooled crust.
Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Using hand whisk, beat until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
When pudding set, top with whipped cream.
Chill for 2 hours or better yet all day.