Banana Bread - High Altitude
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 bananas, very ripe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine butter, eggs, sugar, and mashed bananas in bowl. Bananas should be finely mashed, there can be small (1 cm or less) chunks of banana in the batter.
3. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in another bowl.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. 5. If you would like to add optional ingredients (chopped nuts, dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips), stir in about 1/2 cup here.
6. Pour dough into 1 greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let bread cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
9. Enjoy hot or cold!