1. divide small can of pumpkin into 3 equal parts.
2. Shortcut tip: from flour down into snack size ziplock bags. Make us several at a time for later use. Store in airtight container.
3. Will want to always make more than one. THEY GO QUICK.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered Sugar plenty of it.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Measure 1 cup of sugar into 3 small bowls.
3. Get 3 bags of prepared spices above.
Beat eggs for 5 minutes (use timer). I use my stand mixer. Grease and flour jelly roll pan you can also use parchment paper. Gradually add sugar, pumpkin and dry ingredients. Spread mixture in jelly roll pan and bake for 15 minutes.
While first one is baking get started on the second one and so on.
Lay clean tea towel on flat surface. Apply enough powdered sugar on top. You do not want to see the towel peaking out.
Once the cake comes out of the oven immediately lay the cake on top of the tea towel. Roll lengthwise in tea towel. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
1 cup powdered sugar
6 ounces cream cheese
4 tablespoons soften butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine all ingredients. Unroll pumpkin cake and spread filling into it and reroll. Refrigerate. Serve with whipped topping or leave it plain.