Delicious Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for preparing the muffin tin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bedbathandbeyond.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly butter a 12-muffin tin (or line with paper liners).
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter, orange zest, and sugar until fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
6. Add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the milk until just combined.
7. Stir in the cranberries.
8. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle each muffin with sugar.
9. Bake until golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes.
10. Cool muffins in the pan on a rack.