Pasta Stuffed Peppers
- 8 oz ditalini
- 6 large bell peppers, any color- tops cut off and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 oz plum tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup soy parmesan cheese
Cook ditalini. Drain and set aside.
Cook bell peppers in boiling water x 5 mins. Drain.
Large skillet over med heat: 1 tbsp oil.
Add onion x 5 mins.
Add garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Simmer over low heat x 15 mins to blend.
Combine the ditalini with tomato sauce mixture in a bowl. Mix well.
Combine 1 tbsp oil with parmesan in small bowl. Toss with fork and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil baking dish and add ½ inch water on the bottom.
Stuff the peppers with the pasta mixture. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
Cover with foil and bake x 30 mins.
Uncover and bake x 10 mins.