These croquettes are made easily, cleverly using Thanksgiving leftovers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Serve with a side of cranberry sauce and enjoy!
- 4 cups ground turkey, cooked leftovers
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, leftovers
- 1 cup stuffing, leftovers
- 1 cup gravy, leftovers (cold and gelled works best)
- 1/4 teasppon Poultry Seasoning
- Sea salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Light Olive Oil (or other oil) for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Cold ingredients work best, otherwise, you may need to refrigerate mixture prior to frying. I grind my cooked turkey with a meat grinder to give a nice uniform consistency - works great for croquettes.
Mix together turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, Poultry Seasoning, salt and pepper until smooth.
Beat eggs with 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water.
Form balls with turkey mixture approximately 1 1/2-inches diameter.
Roll balls in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, then place on a sheet of foil until all balls are ready.
Oil should be deep enough for frying, approximately 1/2-inch. Heat over medium-high heat.
Carefully place balls in hot oil, flatten slightly. Brown well, then turn over and brown opposite side. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
Serve with additional heated gravy and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Leeks 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Warm Camembert with Wild Mushroom... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sausage Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rosemary Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Auntie Sikki's Samoan corn beef... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Paella Negra 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Italian Meatloaf 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jalapeno Poppers 4.3/5 (3 Votes)