Say Yum To Sugar Plums
- 3/4cup3/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/2cup1/2 cup dried plums (prunes)
- 1/2cup1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4cup1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4cup1/4 cup honey
- 1/4cup1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- Coarse sugar, for rolling
Adapted from sharedappetite.com
1. Add almonds, dried plums, dried apricots, dried cranberries, dried cherries, and orange zest in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
3. Add honey and the fruit and nut mixture to the medium bowl. Wearing gloves (or spraying hands with nonstick cooking spray), fully combine all ingredients. Roll into small 1" balls and coat in coarse sugar.