This light, bright cocktail tastes like summer - fragrant with fresh berries, blooming with elderflower liqueur, and fizzy with seltzer. Use a tall glass to "keep the collors separated and make the drink look sexier," says mixologist Matthew Conway of the rustic American Restaurant Marc Forgione in New York. "Everyone loves strawberries, and now they're at their peak." [July 2013]
- 1 pt strawberries, hulled, plus a couple of slices for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 oz gin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur ($34; astorwines.com)
- Soda water
- Blueberries for garnish'Mint for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from instyle.com
1. Make the strawberry puree (it's enough for 4 drinks): Blend strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and 2T of water until smooth.
2. To assemble cocktail, add gin, 1.5oz strawberry puree, lime juice, elderflower liqueur, and ice to the bottom of a highball glass.
3. Gently top with soda water.
4. Garnish with berries and mint.