White chocolate cranberry cheesecake
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- 5 tbsp unseated butter melted
- 4 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 4 8 ounce pckgs cream cheese
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C plus 2 tbs sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pound cranberries
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
1. Make crust with the first three ingredients. Press into a springform pan and put in freezer until ready to use. Bring 1 inch of water to a bowl in a small pot. Remove from heat. Set white chocolate in a heat proof bowl and put over the boiling water. Stir until melted.
2. Beat cream cheese sour cream sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Best in eggs one at a time then add cornstarch then beat in chocolate vanilla and salt.
3. Fill a roasting pan on the bottom rack filled halfway with water. Pour filling into crust and sit on middle rack. Bake at 350 for 1 hr 10 min turn oven off and let sit for 30 min. Take out cover and refrigerate for 8 hrs.
4. Make compote by spreading cranberries on baking sheet and spread 1/3 C sugar on it and let sit 1 hr. meanwhile combine 2/3 C sugar with orange zest amd juice and 3/4 C water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to med low and let simmer 10 min.
5. Drain cranberries amd add to saucepan. Cook about 7 min. Refrigerate until cool.
6. When cheesecake is cooled spread compote over cheesecake and serve