Sweet Potato, Kiolbassa and Kale Soup
This soup can be sweet or spicy depending on your taste and is super healthy. On the Paleo diet? No problem, this dish is Paleo friendly.
Kale is high in iron and filled with powerful antioxidants.
- 1 lb. Sliced Kiolbassa Sausage (your favorite flavor)
- 2 Medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 Anaheim peppers, chopped
- 2 Poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped very finely
- 6-8 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Bunch or bag of kale
- 1 LARGE sweet potato, peeled an diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 Quarts of chicken stock
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
Adapted from kiolbassa.com
Start by sautéing your Kiolbassa over medium heat in the bottom of a big soup pot. When it is heated, remove from the pot and set aside on paper towels. Pour some of the grease out of the pan, leaving 1-2 tablespoons. Add all of your peppers, onions, and garlic into the same pot and sauté until translucent, about five minutes, stirring often. When the veggies are cooked through, add your Kiolbassa, tomatoes, chicken stock, salt, pepper and cumin.
Bring to a boil. Add in your sweet potato chunks and turn heat down to a simmer. Let simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Add kale, one handful at a time, until you’ve added the whole bunch/bag. Let it simmer away for another 5-10 minutes. If you need more liquid, add additional chicken stock until soup is desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Fennel, Arugula & Green Apple... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini-Cashew Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Crunchy... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- COCONUT SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna -... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta With Kale Pesto and Roasted... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)