Scallops with Apple Cider Glaze Over Spinach with Apples
- Spinach with Apples (serves 2):
- 1/2-3/4 lb. scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 C apple cider
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 recipe for apple spinach (see below)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 macintosh apple, chopped
- 9 oz. baby spinach
The scallops simply get a quick sear. Which in my short-lived scallop experience is the best way to cook scallops. Start by removing that small side muscle from the scallop, rinsing scallops with cold water, and patting them dry. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Add the olive oil and butter into a medium pan on high heat. Once the oil and butter is hot but not smoking, add the scallops in.
Sear them for about 2-3 minutes on one side before flipping over and searing on the other.
Once the scallops have a nice golden color to them and are cooked through, remove from pan to a plate. Tent the plate with foil to keep scallops warm.
Now, in a bowl, mix together the apple cider and apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Add the mixture to the same pan you cooked the scallops in, still over high heat. Scrape the brown bits up with a spatula and let the mixture cook until its reduced by about half and it begins to thicken.
Heat your olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add apples and sauté for another 2 minutes.
Then add spinach and toss to wilt, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve spinach on plate and top with scallops. Pour apple cider glaze over the top.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Chicken with Spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LEMON CHEESECAKE CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Sirloin Skewers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Michael Symon's seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp vs. Lobster Black Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)