- 1 lb Italian or prok sausage or ground beef
- 1 tbs persley flakes
- 1 tbs sweet basil (can add oregano also)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C tomatoes (1 lb can)
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 3 C cream style cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb greated mozarella cheese
Brown meat slowly, spoon off excess fat. Add next 6 ingredients and simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occassionally. Cook noodles (may hold in cold water). Mix above cheese and seasonings.
Layer in 9 x 13 pan in this order: noodles, meat, cheese, ending with cheese. bake at 375 degrees for 30minutes. let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Makes 12 servings