Pasta w/Shrimp & Wine
Leroy & Nita
- 12 ounces fresh shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken boulion
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 cups)
- 10 ounces pasta, hot, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1) In sauce pan, cook onion in 2 Tbl. butter & olive oil
2) Stir in wine, boulion, basil, 1/2 tea. salt & 1/8 tea. pepper.
3) Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until reduced by 2/3rds.
4) Add tomatoes and let simmer another 5 to 10 minutes.
5) Add shrimp, simmer 5 minutes until shrimp is tender.
6) Toss pasta in butter. Add shrimp mixture. Top with cheese and parsley.