Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the top of the peppers and discard membrane and seeds. Reserved the top for later.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add carrots, spinach and parsley. Let spinach wilt then stir in cinnamon, cumin and cooked quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
5. Add salt, pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool until warm.
6. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among the 4 bell peppers. Top each pepper with its reserved top then arranges them upright in a glass-baking dish.
7. Cover snugly with foil and bake for about 1 hour, checking halfway through, until peppers are tender and juicy.
8. Transfer to plate and serve.