Asparagus with Lemon Sauce
- 20 medium asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 fresh lemon, rinsed (for peel and juice)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
1. Place 1 inch of water in a 4-quart pot with a lid. Place a steamer basket inside the pot, and add asparagus. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until asparagus is easily pierced with a sharp knife. Do not overcook.
2. While the asparagus cooks, grate the lemon zest into a small bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press out extra juice and remove pits. Add mayonnaise, parsley, pepper and salt. Stir well. Set aside.
3. When the asparagus is tender, remove the pot from the heat. Place asparagus spears ina serving bowl. Drizzle the lemon sauce evenly over the asparagus (about 1-1/2 teaspoons per portion) and serve.
You'll also love
- Bayou Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornbread or Cornbread Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Giant Cheesy Potato Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- oatmeal raisin cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cream, Berry Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Herb Wrapped Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus With Melted... 0/5 (0 Votes)