Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 1/4cup1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4cup1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons culinary lavender
- 1cup1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
Adapted from blog.kitchenaid.com
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine the white sugar, powdered sugar and lavender in a KitchenAid Food Processor fitted with the blade attachment.
3. Pulse for 45-60 seconds until the lavender is finely chopped.
4. Transfer the lavender infused sugar into a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer.
5. Add the butter and whip with the sugar until smooth.
6. Add the flour and salt and continue to mix, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the dough roughly forms a ball.
7. Turn the dough out onto a cleaned pastry board and shape the dough into a large 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
8. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
9. Remove the chilled dough and continue to roll the dough out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet.
10. Using a sharp knife, or cookie cutter, shape the dough into a cookie shape and transfer the cookies to a prepared baking sheet.
11. Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cookies are golden brown on the edges. (Roll any remaining un-cooked dough into a ball and repeat the process for cutting out more cookies.)
12. Remove the baked cookies from the oven and let cool.
13. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.