Tomato Basil Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid (zesty red pepper flavor)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Adapted from justapinch.com
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot.
Pour in vegetable broth.
Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.
Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.