- 3 oz. cubed red potatoes (about 1 - 2 small potatoes), not peeled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fat-free non-dairy liquid creamer (like Coffee-mate Original Fat Free)
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
- 1 tbsp. real bacon bits (like the kind by Oscar Mayer or Hormel)
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- dash salt
- Optional: black pepper, additional salt, to taste
Place potatoes and cauliflower in a medium microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes, until very tender.
Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, drain any excess water. Transfer potatoes and cauliflower to a large bowl, and set the medium bowl aside for later use.
Add creamer, sour cream, and salt. Using a potato masher or fork, mash until completely blended. If you like, season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Place mixture in the medium microwave-safe bowl.
Lay cheese slice over the potato-cauliflower mixture. Microwave for about 30 seconds, until the cheese has melted.
Top with bacon bits and chives. Enjoy!