Apple Crisp Cookies
These cookies are just like an apple crisp without the bowl! Enjoy on a crisp fall day with a glass of milk or a little scoop of ice cream.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 apple, finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large bowl, mix all of the whole-wheat flour together with the cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, mash the butter, demerara sugar, and brown sugar together until thoroughly combined, then stir in the apple butter until smooth. Stir in eggs, vanilla extract and apple juice until well mixed; pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture about 1/3 cup at a time, stirring after each addition. Mix in the oats and chopped apple.
With 2 teaspoons, form the dough into balls and place onto ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are lightly browned and set in the centers, about 10 minutes; allow to cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheets until removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 148 | Total Fat: 4.9g | Cholesterol: 28mg
You'll also love
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.3/5 (508 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler 4/5 (612 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (397 Votes)
- Santa Heart Cookies 4.5/5 (111 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Dark chocolate covered pumpkin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's coconut cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sparkling White Cranberry Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)