Emily's Famous Apple Pie
This is the easiest apple pie in the world to make. I like to use fresh Granny Smith apples. For special occasions I make a lattice top for this all-American treat!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 8 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and cloves.
3. Place one of the pie shells into a 10 inch pie pan. Put 1/2 of the sliced apples into the shell and sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over them. Top with the remaining apples and the remaining sugar mixture.
4. Cover apples with the top crust. Press edges with the tines of a fork to seal and poke holes in the top with a knife. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.