Kids are the perfect helpers for adding the red nose and antlers to these crunchy holiday treats.
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) bag (5 1/2 cups) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal*
- 36 large pretzel twists, broken
- 36 red cinnamon candies
- 72 mini chocolate chips or candies
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from landolakes.com
Melt butter, marshmallows and cocoa in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted (4 to 5 minutes). Add cereal; gently stir until will coated.
Drop cereal mixture by buttered tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Use buttered hands to shape into reindeer heads. Quickly push pretzel pieces into top of head for antlers. Press in cinnamon candy for red nose and chocolate chips for eyes. Cool completely. Store between sheets of waxed paper in container with tight-fitting lid.
*Substitute chocolate crisp rice cereal