- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone
Combine 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken tender in egg white, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, vinegar and pepper in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave sauce mixture on HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour the sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese. Broil 2 minute or until the cheese melts.