Sweet Potato Gnocchi in a Brown-Butter & Sage Cream
- For Gnocchi:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- For Brown-Butter & Sage Cream:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- grated parmesan for sprinkling
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and coat with sea salt. Bake the potatoes until tender (40-60 minutes). Cool until they are manageable to handle. Cut the potatoes in half, scoop out flesh. Place through a food mill or ricer for a finer texture. The sweet potato should measure out to about 2 cups. Add sweet potatoes to a bowl and combine with ricotta, Parmesan, salt and nutmeg until the mixture is well integrated. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time until soft dough forms. Be wary of how much flour you add for this could result in a very dense dough. Flour your work surface and place the dough in a ball. Divide into smaller pieces and roll the balls into 1-inch wide ropes. Cut each rope into 1-inch squares. *If you wish, you can fold the gnocchi against the tines of a fork.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi until they are tender and float to the surface, about 4 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and add to the sauce.
For the cream:
While the gnocchi cook, melt your butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sage leaves and continue to cook the butter, swirling it until the milk solids begin to brown. Add cream and season with salt. Allow to reduce slightly then add your gnocchi. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Martini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rich and Creamy Roasted Eggplant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookies *** 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Ever Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Cassarole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH-AND-HERB PASTATTA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- tortellini with pesto and sun... 0/5 (0 Votes)