Enough stuffing to fill a 30 lb turkey.
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 bunch celery chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb (+/-)sliced mushrooms or stems
- 1 1/2 lbs sausage skinned and sauted
- 1 large yam peeled, cubed and boiled with a little minced onion and mashed with a fork
- 1-2 apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins covered with run and warmed in microwave
- 2-3 eggs
- 2 loaves stuffing bread
- 1/2 - 3/4 package bells seasoning
- 1 cup (+/-) white wine
Night before, slice stuffing bread into 1 inch slices and leave out overnight.
Saute sausage and veggies before mixing with rest of ingredients.
Into large bowl, cut bread slices into cubes.
Add sauted veggies, mashed yam, apples, raisins (with rum) and eggs.
Mix well and season to taste.
Add wine until proper consistency (wettish but not soupy).
Stuff the cavity and under the neck skin and tuck wings and legs to hold everything in. Save any that won't fit.
When turkey is done, let sit 5-60 mins, tented with foil. Remove stuffing to a baking dish along with any stuffing that didn't fit in the turkey. Bake at 350 - 400 for 30 mins (+/-) until brown and slightly crispy on top just before serving.