Garlic & Pepper Prime Rib
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 pounds)
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from samsclub.com
1. Sprinkle roast with pepper; place rib side down in a small roasting pan. Combine onion and garlic; spread over all sides of roast. Combine broth and ketchup; spoon 3/4 cup over roast. Set remaining broth mixture aside.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
3. Baste with pan drippings every 20 minutes, adding reserved broth mixture as needed.
4. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir any remaining broth mixture into pan drippings; heat through and serve with roast.
You'll also love
- Orange-Cinnamon French Toast 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy Turkey Club Pie 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Quickbread - Caramel-Glazed Apple... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Basic Turkey Gravy 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Overnight Pumpkin Spice Rolls 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Empanadas EPCOT Food & Wine -... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheater Korean Beef 4.6/5 (16 Votes)