this is to home can fresh apples, to use for baking .
- Prepare your canning jars & hot water bath & hot rings & lids, for canning.
- Syrup: 1 cup sugar to 1 pint of water
- Bring to a boil and set aside. Syrup must
- Syrup must be hot when ready to use for
- Apples: cut up apples,as you would use for apple pie. You must core apples first. Peeling is optional.. I peel mine.
Make sure your water bath isho & ready, rings & lids are in boiling water in separate pan, canning jars are washed & scalded in hot rinse water. in fact, leavejars in hot water until ready to use use.
Bring syrup to full boill. Add prepared apples tosyrup. Boil for 5 minutes.
Pack hot apples into hot canning jar. Run knife in apples to release air caught in apples. Fill to about 1/4' from top of jar. Fill apple jar with syrup, covering apples. Put on hot seal & lid. Tighten until snug.
Put hot jars into boiling water bath. Make sure jars arecompletely covered with hot water.
Boil a rolling boil for at least 5 minutes.
Let jars cool for a few minutes before taking out jars with canning jar tongs. Put jars on clean towel to totally cool. You will hear your lids "ping" orseal, as they cool down.
After 24hhrs, you can take off rings, if you want to.
Store in cool cupboard/area. Will store for up to at least one year..