Nutella-Filled Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get ready for Christmas cookie season with these chocolate-hazelnut flavored cookies. Top double-chocolate dough with a swirl of Nutella.
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella
- Optional: flaked sea salt for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 147mins
Adapted from csmonitor.com
In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and both sugars for 1 yo 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly incorporated.
Melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. Mix in melted chocolate into the butter mixture and evenly combine.
With mixer on low, add in the dry ingredients and blend until dough forms. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Fill a zip-top or piping bag with Nutella and pipe teaspoon sized amounts onto parchment paper, similar to a Hershey Kiss. You will need 48 dollops of Nutella. Place baking sheet in freezer for at least an hour.
When dough and Nutella are chilled preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Form cookie dough around each Nutella piece using about 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
While cookies are baking place extra Nutella pieces back in freezer, as it will thaw out quickly.
Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
You'll also love
- Cheddar Bay Almond Flour Biscuits 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Pastries 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Hanukkah Rugelach 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- M&M Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Cashew Cream... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)