quinoa oat mint burger
- Organic Quinoa - 2 cups washed, rinsed and cooked (just like you would white rice)
- Potatoes - 2 small boiled and mashed
- Scallions - A cup chopped finely
- Onions- 1/4 cup chopped
- Mint - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 cup finely diced
- Ginger - 1 tbsp chopped
- Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped
- Green chillies - 1 small chopped (more if you want more heat)
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - To roast patties on a griddle
Mash the potatoes thoroughly and add all the ingredients except the quinoa and bread crumbs. Reserve the oil for the griddle. Add the quinoa to the mashed vegetables and mix in the bread crumbs lastly.
Try not to mash up the quinoa too much. The texture is nicer if you don't. Form into patties, depending on what you are aiming to make. Bigger for the burger patties and smaller if you are making cutlets.
Pour a little oil and roast the quinoa cakes on the griddle in batches. Make sure it is browned evenly on both sides. It gets nice and crispy on both sides. Remove from heat and serve warm. The beautiful mint flavor is something to look out for! Enjoy.