Honey Sweetened Apricot Jam
- 675grams675 grams / 24 ounces apricots (it was 623 grams after taking out the pits)
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons (60 grams) honey
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon lemon juice
Adapted from texanerin.com
1. Wash and pat the apricots dry. Take out the pits and quarter the apricots, but don't peel them. It'll break down completely and add pectin to the jam.
2. Combine the apricots, honey and lemon juice in a medium or large pot and cook over medium high, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. For me, this was about 25 - 30 minutes, but it'll differ depending on your apricots.
3. To test, put some of the jam on a clean spoon and then put the spoon on a plate in the freezer. Let it sit in there for five minutes and then take it out. If the jam doesn't fall easily off the spoon when you turn it to the side, it's ready and you can take the pot off the heat. If it does pour off easily, continue cooking for another 5 minutes and try the test again.
4. Let cool and then pour into jars and store in the fridge. Yields about 1½ cup jam. Could be more or less depending on exactly how long you cook the apricots.