Maple Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2large2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- a couple generous pinches of fine grain sea salt, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Adapted from ohsheglows.com
1. Add peeled and chopped potatoes into a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 5-8 minutes. Drain.
2. Add potatoes back into the pot and with a potato masher, mash in the vegan butter until smooth. Now add the rest of the ingredients to taste. Serve immediately.
Instead of vegan butter you can try using coconut oil, although I haven't tried this yet. For a soy-free option, use soy-free vegan butter or coconut oil.
You'll also love
- Dry-Brined Turkey 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Roughy 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato, Feta and Red Pepper Cazuela 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon with Red Onion and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Blood Orange-Glazed Turkey Breast... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet potato cakes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)