Banana Bran Muffins
A batch of Bran Muffins that stay moist after the first day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 mashed fully ripe bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 1/4 cup raisins
Adapted from www2.kelloggs.com
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine cereal, milk and mashed bananas.
3. In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add egg whites and butter to cereal mixture. Beat well.
4. Add flour mixtur and stir in raisins; stirring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400° F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.