Peanutty Perfection Noodles
- 1 pound brown rice noodles
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy
- 1 tbsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- baby corn
- water chestnuts
- 1 pkg bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roughly chopped for garnish
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add brown rice noodles and cook accordingly to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Return noodles to pot.
Sauce: combine coconut milk, water, maple syrup, soy sauce, peanut butter, chili-garlic sauce, ginger and garlic in a medium saucepan.
Let cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until sauce comes together and thickens.
Remove from heat and mix in lime juice and sesame oil.
Toss hot noodles with the sauce, bean sprouts, red pepper, scallions and carrots. Heat through.
Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and serve.