Balsamic Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes,cored
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 6 larges garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coarsely groun black pepper
Adapted from foodwonk.blogspot.com
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Transfer to a roasting pan. Roast 1 hour, until tomatoes are blackened.
3. 3. Transfer to a food processor. Process until well blended. Makes about 5 cups.
Per (2/3-cup) serving: 250 calories, 24g fat, mg chol, 1g prot, 9g carbs, 300mg sodium.
Recipe formatted with the Cook'n Recipe Software from DVO Enterprises.