Spicy Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 cup dried apricots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Adapted from foodandwine.com
1. In a saucepan, combine apricots, brown sugar, raisins and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir while simmering for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries, apple and lemon zest; simmer for 10 minutes more.
2. Stir lemon juice, ginger and pepper flakes into the mixture before removing from heat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.