Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 chicken breasts (lightly salted & cooked, chopped & shredded) (I use the George Foreman grill. When chicken is done, remove & immediately pour the corn onto the hot grill & brown)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or add more/less to taste)
- 1 can tomato tidbits
- 1 can RO*TEL ORIGINAL (diced tomatoes & green chilies)
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 potato diced small (optional)
- 1/2 large onion or 1 medium onion (optional) diced small & sautéed in little oil
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (grilled or browned until sides are dark)
- Cilantro or Parsley to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In large pot over medium heat add the following: tomato tidbits, 1 can RoTel original, juice from 2 limes or equivalent, 1 potato diced, cooked onion and cilantro or parsley. Cook and shred chicken and add to pot. Grill corn to almost burnt and add to soup.
Serve with cubed avocado and tortilla strips on top and a few sprinkles of more cilantro or parsley.