Farmers Breakfast Casserole
Eggs, hash browns, Monterrey Jack, Cheddar, bacon, green chiles, and scallions combine to make this delicious and simple Farmer's Breakfast Casserole.
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes southern-style workds too
- 3/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced ham or Canadian-style bacon
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can mild green chiles (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced (2-3 medium)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Grease 9x13-inch baking pan. Arrange potatoes evenly in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cheeses, ham, green chiles, and green onions.
In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in pan.
Bake uncovered in a 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until center appears set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. You can sprinkle extra shredded cheese on top during the last 15 minutes of baking