- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 red pepper (4 to 6 oz) chopped
- 10 oz. baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 6 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium yellow squash, shredded
- 1 1/2 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
Arrange oven rack 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
Place potatoes in microwave-safe large bowl; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on High 6 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
In 12 – inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium 1 minute. Add pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring. Add to bowl with potatoes. Add spinach and garlic to skillet; cook 4 minutes or until moisture has evaporated, stirring. Add to same bowl.
In another large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, and ¼ teaspoon salt until blended. Stir in squash and vegetable mixture until well mixed.
Wipe out skillet. Heat remaining oil on medium 1 minute; add egg mixture. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until edges are just set. Top with Fontina and wrap handle with heavy-duty foil. Broil 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: about 320, 19g protein, 33 g carbs, 13 g total fat, (5 g saturated), 6 g fiber, 330 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium.