Do-Ahead Ravioli Sausage Lasagna
Free up a day with this hearty Do-Ahead Ravioli Sausage Lasagna dinner. Prep the lasagna the night before, and pop it in the fridge for baking the next day. Boom! Dinner is served and you didn't even break a sweat. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 (26 to 28-ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 (25 to 27.5-ounce) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (10-ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 570mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce. Arrange single layer of frozen ravioli over sauce; evenly pour 1 cup pasta sauce over ravioli. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups sausage and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ravioli, pasta sauce and sausage.
Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Bake covered 45 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and lasagna is hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Let pasta casseroles stand a short time after baking for easier cutting and serving. Serve with thick slices of garlic bread and a tossed green salad. If you still have room for dessert, offer scoops of raspberry and chocolate sorbet.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cake Pie with Blueberry... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Perfect Potato Pockets 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage & Potato Bake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon-Stuffed Potatoes 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Sausage & Cheese Pancake Breakfast... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Pasta 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spiced Orzo with Spinach 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Spinach and Ravioli Lasagna 4.3/5 (40 Votes)